|Michael F. Rogers
Tax & Estates
Salvo Rogers Elinski & Scullin
510 E. Township Line Road, Suite 150
Blue Bell, PA 19422
Phone: 215.653.0110 Ext. 19
V-card: Michael Rogers
Mike is the head of the Tax and Estates Department of Salvo Rogers. He has over 20 years of experience advising clients on a wide variety of tax, estate and business matters.
He was a member of the Tax Department of Arthur Young & Company (now Ernst & Young, LLP) for several years, and was a Vice President and Tax Manager with Butcher & Company in Philadelphia. He has been a shareholder of several Philadelphia area law firms, specializing in Tax and Estate Planning. He is a frequent lecturer for continuing education programs for attorneys, accountants and financial advisors, and has had many articles published. Mike is also a Certified Public Accountant (inactive license).
Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1986, LL.M. (Taxation)
Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1983, J.D.
Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1978, M.B.A.
Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1976, B.S.
Representative Estate Planning Strategies
Examples of some of the strategies Mike has successfully implemented for clients include the following:
- Business Restructurings
- Sales of Business Interests
- Seller-Financed Asset Sales
- Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Business Continuation Agreements
- Marital Trusts (including Disclaimer and Qualified Terminal Interest Property Trusts)
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Lifetime Gift Giving Strategies
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Section 2503 Minors' Trusts
- Generation Skipping Trusts
- Qualified Domestic Trusts
American, Pennsylvania and Montgomery Bar Associations
Supreme Court of the United States
Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
United States Tax Court
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Past President of Montgomery Bar Association (2014)
Past President of Montgomery Bar Foundation (2016-2017)
Board Member of Montgomery Child Advocacy Project (MCAP) (2014 to date)